National Museum Wales
Reardon Smith Lecture Theatre, Cathays Park, Cardiff, CF10 3NP
If you are interested in the ways artists have interacted with Museum collections then this is the event for you.
The event will include:
· James Putnam, curator and writer, discussing shifts in the way that artists are working with museum collections and their role in activating engagement.
· Andrew Renton, Head of Applied Art at the National Museum of Wales, in conversation with artist Sarah Younan about their collaboration and what artists can bring to the interpretation of collections.
· Jon Monaghan, artist and animator, leading a workshop on 3d printing as a tool for creating user-generated content.
· Artist Helen Snell, talking about collaboration and what it's like to work in the 'institution' of a museum.
· Emma Price, independent art consultant, offering practical advice on developing projects that utilise museum collections.
This event is free to attend but places are limited so booking is essential
For more information contact Alicia Miller, Axisweb Associate in Wales: firstname.lastname@example.org